Blog

Monday, March 18, 2019

The Media School at Indiana University

Last fall I was tasked with capturing images for a new website for The Media School at Indiana University. The school encompasses several disciplines including everything from journalism to video game design. I was asked to shoot in a photojournalistic style since photojournalism is one of the areas of study within the school. (I’m an alumnus of the IU School of Journalism, the precursor to The Media School.) Stylistically for me, this often meant shooting with prime lenses with very shallow depths of field in ambient light. It was a fun project and a unique challenge to capture representative images of the school’s various units.

Game Design Lab at The Media School at Indiana University in Franklin Hall on Thursday, Oct. 4, 2018.

Students prepare to broadcast a sports program in the WIUX studios in Franklin Hall on Tuesday, Sept. 25, 2018.

Photo shoot outside Franklin Hall at The Media School at Indiana University on Thursday, Oct. 4, 2018.

Gamedev@IU Kickoff Jam in the Student Building on Friday, Aug. 31, 2018.

Patrick Spanier interviews a musician on the phone during a live broadcast in the WIUX studios in Franklin Hall on Tuesday, Sept. 25, 2018.

Birdgangs, an alternative band from Boston, performs in the WIUX studios in Franklin Hall on Tuesday, Sept. 25, 2018.

Indiana Daily Student newsroom at The Media School at Indiana University in Franklin Hall on Monday, Oct. 1, 2018.

TV Studio Production class at the The Media School at Indiana University in the Radio and TV Building on Monday, Oct. 1, 2018.

TV News Reporting and Producing class at The Media School at Indiana University in Franklin Hall's Studio 7 on Thursday, Oct. 4, 2018.

Media Research Lab at The Media School at Indiana University in Franklin Hall on Monday, Oct. 8, 2018.

Photo shoot inside The Media School at Indiana University under the atrium in Franklin Hall on Thursday, Oct. 4, 2018.

Categories: Marketing | Tags: , | Comments (0)